Code of Conduct for Swimmers
- Treat all members of the club with due respect including:
- Fellow swimmers
- Treat all competitors and representatives from competing clubs with due respect.
- The use of inappropriate or abusive language, bullying, harassment, discrimination or physical violence will not be tolerated and could result in action being taken through the club disciplinary or child welfare policy.
- Use changing room for getting changed (not poolside), be well behaved, sensible and comply with Health and Safety whilst using the changing rooms.
- Arrive in good time to stretch, 15 – 20 minutes before start time.
- Have all your equipment with you, i.e. paddles, kick boards, hats, goggles etc.
- Use the lavatory before training begins and always inform the coach if you need to leave the pool during training.
- Listen to what your coach is telling you.
- Always swim to the wall as you do in a race, and practice turns as instructed.
- Do not stop and stand in the lane, you may get injured.
- Do not pull on the ropes as this may injure other swimmers.
- Do not skip lengths or sets you are only cheating yourself.
- Think about what you are doing during training.
- You must swim events and galas that the head coach has entered/selected you for unless agreed otherwise by prior agreement with the relevant club official.
- At open meets, check when you should post your cards and be sure to post them on time.
- Warm-up before the event. Prepare yourself for the race.
- Warm-up properly by swimming, not playing or stopping in the lane. Turning practice should have taken place during your normal training sessions.
- Be part of the team. Stay with the team on poolside. If you leave for any reason you must tell the Coach and Team Manager where you are going.
- Listen for your race to be announced. Go to the marshalling area in time and report in. take your hat and goggles with you.
- Support your team mates. Everyone likes to be supported.
- You must wear club uniform and hats when representing the club.
- Swim down after the race, if possible. Do not use this time to play.
- After your race report to the coach, not your parents. Receive feedback on your race and splits.
- Do not leave before the end of the gala, unless under special circumstances and with permission from the Coach.